San Jacinto College Cares Act Emergency Grant Fund - Spring Semester
San Jacinto College received an allocation from the US Department of Education (as appropriated by the CARES Act) to create an emergency grant fund for San Jacinto College students. The funds are intended to help students who have experienced a financial problem due to the disruption of campus operations as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Terms of SJC Emergency Aid Grant Fund
• Must submit Emergency Grant Fund Application
• Must be currently Enrolled for the Spring or Summer Semesters (excludes students enrolled exclusively in an online program of study and current dual credit students)
• Must have submitted a FAFSA for 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 and be eligible to receive Title IV financial aid under Section 484 of the Higher Education Act (Pell Grant, Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants, Federal Work Study and Federal Direct Loans)
• Must use funds to cover expenses related to the disruption of campus operations as a result to the COVID-19 pandemic
• Must select a BankMobile refund preference (http://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoices)
Award amounts vary with a $1,200 limit
Spring Semester Grants:
Emergency funding requests take up to three to five working days to process. Additional time may be required depending on your BankMobile refund selection.
August 6, 2020, or until funds are exhausted
If you have not applied for financial aid assistance or applied previously, but had a change in your household income as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, please schedule a virtual appointment for an Appeal Inquiry with a financial aid advisor here: http://appointments.sjcd.edu/